SEPTEMBER COMPLIMENTARY GARDENING CLASS
DATE: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2018
TIME: 10:30am-12:00 noon
SEPTEMBER IN THE GARDEN
SPEAKER- TERRY GWIN, Landscape Artist & Advisor
"September only comes around once a year. This is an opportunity to plant and save some really big bucks. Find out how to make this a "September to Remember".
We invite everyone to attend. The class is free to all -young and not so young gardeners. No registration required.
4701 Main St., Oakley, Ca. 94561
FOUNTAINS, BIRDBATHS AND STATUARY- 15% Discount
Come check-out our inventory of fountains, birdbaths, statuary and garden benches. All discounted through September. Special catelog orders available. Choose style, size and color.
VARIETY OF ORNAMENTAL TREES
Many of our new neighbors in Oakley and Brentwood have back yards that are a blank canvas ready for landscaping. Some home-owners are looking for privacy trees, others need shade and/or decorative trees. Pompei Nursery has a large selection of trees and shrubs that can fulfill all those needs and more. We invite you to visit our garden center and check out the new inventory. The following are just a few of the new arrivals.
- Podocarpus- standard and colomn shaped. Wonderful evergreen tropical looking foliage, they are perfect for creating privacy as well as beauty. Thrives in full or partial sun.
- Laurel Bay Noblis- standard single trunk tree that at maturity wll reach approx. 25' tall and 20' wide in canopy. They are evergreen, low maintance and create wonderful shade. An extra bonus is they repel flys and mosquitos and thrives in full sun.
- Arbutus Marina trees and shrubs are wonderful for privacy, shade while being evergreen. Their bark is a deep red and leaves in contrast are very dark green. Size at maturity is approx. 25-30' tall with canopy approx. 15-20'wide. Loves full sun.
- Crepe Myrtle trees grow very well here in our hardiness zone 9b. During spring and early summer, they produce beautiful blossoms of red, purple, white and a variety of pinks. They are sun lovers, and decidious, losing their leaves in late fall.
- A wide variety of stone fruit and citrus.
We will soon enter into a wonderful planting season- Fall. Soil will be cooling down and hopefully rain on its way..