AUGUST COMPLIMENTARY GARDENING CLASS
Saturday August 18th.
Speaker- Terry Gwin, Landscape Designer & Artist
TOPIC- "SO WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM"?
This will be an open forum class, very enjoyable and educational. Each attendee is invited to present his/her gardening question or problem for discussion. Not only will your question be answered by Terry, but you will also be invited to join in discussion with the group. We guarantee a fun and helpful meeting.
Our classes are free and open to everyone who wants to attend.
Refreshments will be provided.
Additional information call 925-625-7330.
POMPEI NURSERY- 4701 Main St., Oakley, Ca.
FOUNTAINS, BIRDBATHS AND STATUARY
A new shipment of beautiful water features and statuary arrived this week. These are beautifully detailed and made of solid cement. All items in-house are available at a 10% discount.
Now available is a new batch of Lady Bugs. They are available in cups containing 1,500 ladies. Lady Bugs are a very aggressive beneficial predator that love Aphids, Mealybugs, Spider Mites, Whiteflies and other soft-bodied insects. Price is $11.99/cup.
VARIETY OF ORNAMENTAL TREES
Many of our new neighbors in Oakley and Brentwood have back yards that are a blank canvas ready for landscaping. Some home-owners are looking for privacy trees, others need shade and/or decorative trees. Pompei Nursery has a large selection of trees and shrubs that can fulfill all those needs and more. We invite you to visit our garden center and check out the new inventory. The following are just a few of the new arrivals.
- Podocarpus- standard and colomn shaped. Wonderful evergreen tropical looking foliage, they are perfect for creating privacy as well as beauty. Thrives in full or partial sun.
- Laurel Bay Noblis- standard single trunk tree that at maturity wll reach approx. 25' tall and 20' wide in canopy. They are evergreen, low maintance and create wonderful shade. An extra bonus is they repel flys and mosquitos and thrives in full sun.
- Arbutus Marina trees and shrubs are wonderful for privacy, shade while being evergreen. Their bark is a deep red and leaves in contrast are very dark green. Size at maturity is approx. 25-30' tall with canopy approx. 15-20'wide. Loves full sun.
- Crepe Myrtle trees grow very well here in our hardiness zone 9b. During spring and early summer, they produce beautiful blossoms of red, purple, white and a variety of pinks. They are sun lovers, and decidious, losing their leaves in late fall.
- A wide variety of stone fruit and citrus.
These are a few of our most popular. We look forward to seeing you.