JULY COMPLIMENTARY GARDENING CLASS
Saturday July 21st.
Speaker- Terry Gwin, Landscape Designer & Artist
TOPIC- How to Increase & Maximize Vegetable Production in Your Garden.
Our classes are free and open to everyone who wants to attend.
Refreshments will be provided.
Additional information call 925-625-7330.
POMPEI NURSERY- 4701 Main St., Oakley, Ca.
NEW SHIPMENT OF TREES
Many of our new neighbors in Oakley and Brentwood have back yards that are a blank canvas ready for landscaping. Some home-owners are looking for privacy trees, others need shade and/or decorative trees. Pompei Nursery has a large selection of trees and shrubs that can fulfill all those needs and more. We invite you to visit our garden center and check out the new inventory. The following are just a few of the new arrivals.
- Podocarpus- standard and colomn shaped. Wonderful evergreen tropical looking foliage, they are perfect for creating privacy as well as beauty. Thrives in full or partial sun.
- Laurel Bay Noblis- standard single trunk tree that at maturity wll reach approx. 25' tall and 20' wide in canopy. They are evergreen, low maintance and create wonderful shade. An extra bonus is they repel flys and mosquitos and thrives in full sun.
- Arbutus Marina trees and shrubs are wonderful for privacy, shade while being evergreen. Their bark is a deep red and leaves in contrast are very dark green. Size at maturity is approx. 25-30' tall with canopy approx. 15-20'wide. Loves full sun.
- Crepe Myrtle trees grow very well here in our hardiness zone 9b. During spring and early summer, they produce beautiful blossoms of red, purple, white and a variety of pinks. They are sun lovers, and decidious, losing their leaves in late fall.
- A wide variety of stone fruit and citrus.
These are a few of our most popular. We look forward to seeing you.
Garden Center in Oakley, CA, Providing Vegetables and More
Variety of tomatoes include: Early Girl, Big Boy, Roma, Sweet 100 cherry, Yellow Pear, Pineapple, Cherokee purple and Brandy Wine (4" pots)
Variety of cucumbers include: Burpless, Lemon, Armenian and Japanese
Variety of onions- White Sweet Spanish, Walla Walla and Red Bermuda.
Corn- Brentwood white and yellow
Green Beans- Bush and Pole
Dixie Beauty Watermellon
Zucchini Squash- Aristocrat
Peppers- Hot Thai, Golden Bell and Yolo Wonder Sweet Bell. (Additional hot peppers should be here within one week.)
Variety of EB Stone Planting Mix and potting soils for container and raised bed gardening.
EB Stone Organic Nutrients for Tomatoes and Vegetables; Super Thrive and Mycorrhiazae granules to add to planting soil.